Terms of service
Except for changes by us as described here, no other amendment or modification of these Terms will be effective unless in writing and signed by both you and us.
Modern Fertility is not currently available in the States of New York, New Jersey, or Rhode Island.
Accessing site, use of content and account security
The Services are offered and available only to users who are 21 years of age or older. You represent and warrant that you are at least 21 years old.
User content, communication, forums
You are responsible for all content that you post, upload, store, transmit, or otherwise provide through the Services (“User Content”). “Public Forum” means a chat area, bulletin board, weblog, blog, posting or email function offered as part of the Services. The Services may now or in the future permit, via Public Forums or other means, the submission, hosting, sharing, and/or publishing of User Content. Information, views and opinions expressed in Public Forums are the views of the person posting the message, do not necessarily reflect the views of Modern Fertility and are not endorsed, supported, encouraged, sanctioned, verified or agreed upon by Modern Fertility including, but not limited to any so-called “expert”, “moderator”, “blog-editor” or other individual functioning in a similar capacity. Modern Fertility reserves the right to remove or edit your User Content and any other Content that we believe may be offensive to our audience and/or which violates our family-oriented standards. Please be advised that because Content may be posted in real-time, these materials may not always be able to be removed or edited in a timely fashion. Please remember that any User Content you upload to Public Forums will be available to other users, and can be collected and used by anyone with access to the Public Forums. Please carefully consider before you post any sensitive personal or health information to the Public Forums.
Modern Fertility is not responsible for any unsolicited email you may receive as a result of participating in any Public Forum. Modern Fertility reserves the right to terminate your ability to access any of Public Forum for any reason and without notice. By communicating in any Public Forum, you hereby represent that you have all necessary rights in the User Content, communications, or other information that you have provided, transmitted or sent to the Public Forum. By uploading User Content to any Public Forum or submitting any materials to us, you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of such rights has expressly granted) Modern Fertility a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, nonexclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, display, adapt, publish, and translate your User Content to enable us to operate the Services and to make your User Content accessible to you and other users.. You warrant that all so-called “moral rights” in such User Content have been waived. If you provide us (in a direct email or otherwise) with any feedback, suggestions, improvements, enhancements, and/or feature requests relating to the Services (“Feedback”), you grant Modern Fertility a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, nonexclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, display, adapt, publish, translate, and create derivative works for such Feedback for any purpose in connection with our business or Services. In connection with User Content, you further agree that you will not: (i) submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant us all of the license rights granted herein; (ii) publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage us or any third party; (iii) submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate; (iv) post advertisements or solicitations of business; or (v) impersonate another person.
WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING, MODERN FERTILITY DOES NOT ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR THE CONTENT FOUND IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, NOR FOR ANY CLAIMS, DAMAGES OR LOSSES RESULTING FROM ANY USE OF ANY PUBLIC FORUM OR THE CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN.
Copyright infringement notifications
We respect others’ intellectual property rights, and we reserve the right to delete or disable Content alleged to be infringing, and to terminate the accounts of repeat alleged infringers. To review our complete Copyright Dispute Policy and learn how to report potentially infringing content, click here https://modernfertility.com/privacy-policy/CopyrightDisputePolicy. If you are a copyright holder and believe that material directly available via the Services infringes your copyrighted work, please review our complete Copyright Dispute Policy https://modernfertility.com/ CopyrightDisputePolicy/.
Intellectual property rights
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of the Content in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- If we provide desktop, mobile or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use.
- If we provide social media features, such as allowing you to share items you find in our news section through social media links in those posts, you may take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any Content from the Services;
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text;
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Services; or,
- Access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Services or any Content available through the Services.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States or other countries).
- In any way that infringes or violates the intellectual property rights or any other rights of anyone else (including Modern Fertility);
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate us, our employees, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that is harmful, fraudulent, deceptive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, obscene, or otherwise objectionable or that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Services, or which, as determined by us, may harm us or other users of the Services or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Services in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Services or interfere with any other user’s use of the Services, including his or her ability to engage in real time activities through the Services.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Services for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Services.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Services or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Services. Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, keystroke logging, or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Services, the server on which the Services is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Services.
- Attack the Services via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Decompile, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to obtain the source code or underlying ideas or information of or relating to the Services.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services.
Third Party Products, Advice and Services
We are not responsible for examining or evaluating any products, advice or services offered by any third parties whose icons, products, advice, services or hyperlinks appear on or through the Services. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Services, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites. We make no representations, warranties or conditions regarding the offerings of any third party. Further, we do not assume any responsibility or liability for the products, advice, services and actions of any third parties. You understand that the purchase, payment, warranty, guarantee, delivery, maintenance and all other matters concerning the merchandise, services or information ordered or received from a third party is solely between you and the third party. We do not endorse, warrant or guarantee such products, advice information or services and are not liable for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of such information or the quality or availability of such products, advice or services. You further understand that we will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and a third party. As with any monetary endeavor, before purchasing goods or services from any third party, you should verify with the seller any and all information (particularly the price) that impacts your decision to make a purchase. You should use your best judgment and exercise caution when purchasing a product from a third party.
We may provide links to third party direction, location and map services solely as a convenience to our users, which are intended to be used solely for informational purposes. We make no warranties on the accuracy of their content, route usability, expeditiousness or road conditions (including whether there are obstructions, like tunnels or bridges that may inhibit certain vehicles from safely using a particular route.) You assume all risk of use. Modern Fertility and its suppliers shall not be liable to you or any other person for any loss, damage or delay resulting from your use of these third party services.
We are not involved in any actual transaction between any user (including any so-called “expert”, “moderator”, “blog-editor” or the like) and third party, nor are we the agent of either for any purpose. As such, we will not be involved in resolving any disputes between any user and third party relating to or arising out of any transaction between such parties. We urge users and third parties to cooperate with one another to resolve any such disputes. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users, you release Modern Fertility, its officers, employees, agents, and successors from claims, demands, and damages of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and/or our Services. If you are a California resident, you shall and hereby do waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor."
Using the Modern Fertility App available via the Apple App Store
These Terms apply to your use of all the Services, including the iPhone and iPad mobile applications available via the Apple, Inc. (“Apple”) App Store (the “Application”), but the following additional terms also apply to the Application:
- Both you and Modern Fertility acknowledge that the Terms are concluded between you and Modern Fertility only, and not with Apple, and that Apple is not responsible for the Application or the Content;
- The Application is licensed to you on a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferrable, non-sublicensable basis, solely to be used in connection with the Services for your private, personal, non-commercial use, subject to all the terms and conditions of these Terms as they are applicable to the Services;
- You will only use the Application in connection with an Apple device that you own or control;
- You acknowledge and agree that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Application;
- In the event of any failure of the Application to conform to any applicable warranty, including those implied by law, you may notify Apple of such failure; upon notification, Apple’s sole warranty obligation to you will be to refund to you the purchase price, if any, of the Application; You acknowledge and agree that Modern Fertility, and not Apple, is responsible for addressing any claims you or any third party may have in relation to the Application;
- You acknowledge and agree that, in the event of any third party claim that the Application or your possession and use of the Application infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, Modern Fertility, and not Apple, will be responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such infringement claim;
- You represent and warrant that you are not located in a country subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country, and that you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties;
- Both you and Modern Fertility acknowledge and agree that, in your use of the Application, you will comply with any applicable third party terms of agreement which may affect or be affected by such use; and
- Both you and Modern Fertility acknowledge and agree that Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of these Terms, and that upon your acceptance of these Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as the third party beneficiary hereof.
Service availability, price and time-related information appearing on the Services are subject to change. Modern Fertility is not responsible for any such changes and advises you to confirm all specific terms appearing on the or through the Services before acting in reliance on such terms.
Third-party products and services represented on the Services are not necessarily endorsed or recommended by Modern Fertility and Modern Fertility disclaims all responsibility regarding the performance or the use of third-party products and services. Modern Fertility does not necessarily endorse or sanction the content, products or actions of websites that are linked to or from the Services.
THE SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED BY MODERN FERTILITY (AND ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS) ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, MODERN FERTILITY (AND ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES' RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. MODERN FERTILITY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED ON AND AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SERVICES OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THEM AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. MODERN FERTILITY DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR CONTENT IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Indemnity and limitation of liability
You agree to indemnify and hold Modern Fertility (and its officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives) harmless against all claims, liabilities, losses, penalties, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from or relating to your use of and access to the Services.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL MODERN FERTILITY BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES) THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE CONTENT OR THE SERVICES, EVEN IF MODERN FERTILITY OR A MODERN FERTILITY AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL MODERN FERTILITY’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED IN THE AGGREGATE, THE GREATER OF (I) ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100), OR (II) THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING THE SERVICES IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THIS APPLICABLE CLAIM.
Modern fertility is not a health care provider
The information provided by Modern Health is for purposes of improving your wellness only and is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. We engaged the services of a licensed physician or other person authorized by law to order the blood test and to receive your results prior to making your reports available to you. However, these interactions are not intended to create, nor do they create, any doctor-patient relationship. The Content and Services (including any reports we provide you) are for informational purposes only. The Services are designed to help support the health related choices that you make. These choices are yours and may require the advice of a health care provider. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment or recommendation regarding medication. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such information by you or any other visitor to the Services, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. Furthermore, you should not interpret any Content or reporting we provide you or any other communications from Modern Fertility as recommending any specific treatment plan, product or course of action. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the Services!
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. The Services does not endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Services. The Services provides information and answers to certain reproductive health questions based on the information you input. The information the Services provides are meant to be considered by you and your physician. Reliance on any information provided by the Services is solely at your own risk.
Governing law, venue and dispute resolution
These Terms will be governed by the laws of the State of California, United States, without regard to conflict-of-law principles. You agree that resolution of any dispute or claim arising out of or related to these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts in San Francisco County, CA.
If you believe you have a dispute or claim against us arising out of your use of the Services or under these Terms, you agree to first discuss the matter informally with us for at least 30 days. To do that, you must give us written notice, which will include your full name and contact information, the nature and basis giving rise to your dispute or claim and your proposed resolution, sent to the address below.
If we are unable to resolve your concerns informally within 30 days after our receipt of your notice, you may file a claim in small claims court so long as you proceed only on an individual basis or commence an arbitration proceeding, which means YOU ARE AGREEING TO WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT, HAVE A JURY TRIAL AND LEAD OR PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION. The arbitration will be conducted under the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures of Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. ("JAMS"), then in effect. For the avoidance of doubt, you agree that YOU MAY ONLY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST MODERN FERTILITY IN YOUR INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A CLASS MEMBER OR IN ANY REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY OR PROCEEDING. Further, you agree that no arbitrator shall consolidate any other person’s claims with your claims and may not otherwise preside over any form of a multi-party or class proceeding. You agree that the award of the arbitrator will be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction in the State of California. You agree that we may seek interim or preliminary relief from a court of competent jurisdiction in California, necessary to protect its rights or property pending the completion of arbitration.
You must file a demand for arbitration with the JAMS within ONE (1) YEAR after the date your claim arose, or within the shortest time period permitted by applicable law. Otherwise, your claim is waived.
Notwithstanding the foregoing obligation to arbitrate disputes, each party shall have the right to pursue injunctive or other equitable relief at any time, from any court of competent jurisdiction.
International users and visitors
The owner of the Services is based in the United States. We provide the Services for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims or representations that the Services or any of its Content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Services may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Services from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
These Terms may be subject to change; the result of any change will be reflected on these pages.